The 7th Project Management Conference, adapted to the online format and entitled 'Futures, Strategies, Projects', will present the keys to analysing possible future scenarios that businesses must face in a reality as changing as the current one, the development of flexible strategies that allow them to adapt to each situation, and projects as key tools that help to make these strategies a reality.
The conference will be attended by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur, creators of the Business Model Canvas, the visual reference tool for creating and analysing business models; Elisabet Roselló, founder of Postfuturear and an expert in trend and innovation research; and Antonio Nieto-Rodríguez, an international leader in project management and strategy implementation, recognised as one of the most influential management thinkers in the world.
The Report on the Development of Project Management in La Rioja, a pioneering study at international level to evaluate the application of project management in public and private organisations in the region and to establish lines of action, will also be presented.
Schedule (video streaming)
- 08:15 - 09:15 Opening of room for live streaming
- 09:15 - 09:30 Presentation of the event
- 09:30 - 10:05 "Insights into the Invincible - Resilient – Company"
Summary: In this session, Alex and Yves outline what is required from leaders and organizations to survive and thrive in today’s world. They describe how to design an innovation culture, innovation portfolios, and the corresponding organizational structures while remaining world-class at managing the existing business. Alex and Yves will introduce a new concept that helps companies visualize if they are ready for the future or if they should fear disruption. They will also briefly outline Business Model Patterns that allow established multinationals and startups to compete on better business models rather than just compete on new products, technologies, and price.
- 10:05 - 10:40 "Beyond the classic future. Other Strategic Management Logics"
- Summary: We are at a crucial and historic point that science has been warning for decades. We are in a time of deep and structural transformations, beyond the icon of the "disruptive transformations" of technology.
However, the type of relationship we have with the concept of "future" and with what we call the world is generating obstacles to manage in the coming years. In this speech we will go into how this current relationship with the future looks, what is changing at the deepest level and what impacts it has, and what new approaches to management are emerging in recent years.
- 10:40- 11:15 "How to use projects to get out of the crisis and transform the company"
- Antonio Nieto Rodríguez (speaker in Spanish)
- Summary: The importance of projects as a tool to overcome the crisis and transform a company will be discussed, both in the digital field and in the implementation of another business model. One of the great challenges is to focus correctly on the area in which to develop the business, since an inappropriate focus on projects and the way they are carried out can lead to their disappearance from the market. Another is the transformation of leadership, the executive must be more of a coach who helps the team closely in the development of the product and the management of the project. This is a change of mentality that we are used to, as the new generations are more focused on projects. This means that jobs must also evolve and adapt to these new forms of business, in order to continue to ride the wave and survive the new markets and strong global competition.
- 11:15 - 11:35 Presentation of the Project Management Maturity Report in La Rioja
- 11:35- 12:10 Open debate moderated by DG Innovation.
- 12:15 Closure of the virtual conference.